Company Profile Engineering and Manufacturing Co. (Pty) Limited
was founded in 1942 by the late Mr. P.C. Ellett, and still remains
a family business. Originally located in Johannesburg , with plant
consisting of one small lathe and a welding machine, the business
expanded to larger premises in Germiston. In 1964 the move was made
to Alrode, Alberton. In July 1984 the assets and business were transferred
to the Graham Susan Ellett Trust and was then operated as two separate
divisions, being :
Engineering Manufacturing Division and
Engineering Foundry Division.
In April 1988, the Foundry Division and Property were sold
to a large Public Company, and the Manufacturing Division relocated
on a new site in Alrode comprising 4.500 square metres of prime industrial
buildings on a 25.100 square metres site. At this point a policy decision
was made to specialise in the manufacture of Metal Forming and Blanking
Machines and associated Ancillary Equipment. Extensive research and
development was undertaken to provide the local market with state
of the art machinery, especially designed to meet South African conditions.
began manufacturing Mechanical Key Clutch Machines, early in 1970,
under licence to an U.K. Company. It was soon realised that to keep
up with International Trends, a more modern type of machine was required.
Thus was born the original
"E" SERIES Friction Clutch and Brake "C" Frame
Press. A modernised version of this machine is still produced for
discerning buyers who are not influenced by the price of inferior
machines emanating from the East. Reef's policy has always been to
seek improvements to existing designs and never to compromise quality
for price. This is born out by the number of repeat orders received
from an ever increasing customer base.
Total staff compliment is fifty (50).
"Every machine manufactured by
Engineering is manufactured according to DIN & ISO standards &
we offer a comprehensive back-up service nationally. We offer a complete
"ONE STOP" service to the metal forming industry."